YOUR APPOINTMENT // MAKE A DAY OF IT
So you’ve got your OWN appointment booked (amazing!) now it’s time to plan the rest of your day. Here are some of our favourite things to do in the local area…
RESTAURANTS AND BARS
This area is teeming with incredible restaurants and cocktail bars, you’ve just got to know where to look. Whether it’s a quick drink or a leisurely lunch, these are the places to know about:
- The Clove Club - this relaxed fine dining restaurant currently holds two Michelin Stars and resides right next door to the studio in the Grade II listed Shoreditch Town Hall.
- Gloria - Italian food in an elevated dining room with a marble bar, mirrored ceiling and rich, eclectic decor. Great for theatre and buzz.
- Cecconi’s - Refined Italian restaurant serving pasta, meat dishes and wood-fired pizza, plus brunch staples & wine. Great for a chic lunch and glass of champagne.
- Rochelle Canteen - Established in 2004 by Melanie Arnold and Margot Henderson, The highly acclaimed Canteen sits in the converted bike shed of the old Rochelle School and offers a short, modern menu of fresh dishes. Great for a cool atmosphere.
- Boundary - A rooftop bar and restaurant housed within a stylish glass extension of a Voctorian warehouse offering stunning views across East London and is open all year round. Great for a meal with a view.
- Spitalfields Market - A buzzing, eclectic market full of delicious gourmet street food stalls (as well as art and fashion). You’ve got everything from dim sum to burgers to matcha bars. Great for culture and variety.
- Dishoom A buzzy destination for modern Indian street food in Bombay-style digs with vintage decor and upscale touches. Open for brunch, lunch and dinner. Great for delicious flavours.
And for the best bars in Shoreditch, check out this extensive list.
Shoreditch is the home of vintage, with Brick Lane and surrounding streets offering some of the best shops to pick up beautiful vintage pieces. Here are our top spots:
- Here After, 151 Brick Lane
- House of Vintage, 4 Cheshire Street
- Onimos, 5 Cheshire Street
- Vintage Market, 101 Sclater St
- Atika, 55-59 Hanbury St
We also love exploring the outskirts of Spitalfields market around Lamb Street and Commercial Street where you'll find a mix of amazing fashion and beauty stores. Redchurch street is also a go to for cool brands and independent shops.
PICK YOUR WEDDING BANDS
We are lucky enough to be a 15 minute walk away from award winning jewellery designer Rachel Boston who creates contemporary, unique and ethically-sourced engagement rings and wedding bands. Her bold aesthetic is redefining the traditional world of bridal jewellery and (like us) she makes everything in london. Rachel Boston is by appointment only so be sure to plan ahead.
So there you have it, all the best things to do in the area before or after your appointment. Enjoy!